I've finally managed to arrange all there is to arrange regarding my trip home. Friday night I will go to hospital where the butterfly will temporaly be released from its cocoon, only to get a new one; this one especially for flying. Also I need to get a 'fit to fly' certificate there.
Sunday night I will fly London and than on to Amsterdam, where I shall arrive Monday morning.
It has taken many phonecalls, many repititions of what my needs are, way too long of listening to unbearable 'on hold' music and the most confusing misunderstandings ever..... but I did it. Wheelchairs and porters and an extra seat so I can keep my leg up. It will be quite an adventure, I'll keep my camera ready ;-)
Het me uiteindelijk gelukt om alles te regelen wat er te regelen valt voor mijn reis naar huis. Vrijdagavond ga ik naar het ziekenhuis waar de vlinder tijdelijk uit haar cocon bevrijd zal worden, alleen maar om weer een nieuwe te krijgen; deze is speciaal om mee te vliegen. En ik heb ook een verklaring nodig dat ik fit genoeg ben om te vliegen.
Zondagavond vlieg ik naar Londen en dan door naar Amsterdam, waar ik maandagochtend aan zal komen.
Het heeft veel telefoontjes gekost, veel herhalingen van wat ik precies nodig heb, veel te lang luisteren naar ondragelijke telefoonwachtmuzak en de meest verwarrende taalmisverstanden ooit....... maar het is me gelukt. Rolstoelen en porters en een extra stoel zodat ik mijn been omhoog kan houden. Het zal best een avontuur worden, ik hou mijn camera bij de hand ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just caught up with you sweet thing. OUCH! Poor you! Hope the trip home is event-free, apart from the best of care on the plane. Sending warmest love x
Post a Comment