As you can see, I am still alive, and I still find reasons to laugh. More good news is that I truly do not have a lot of pain. It just takes longer to get around and do stuff, I have to ask for a lot of things which this Ms Independence just does not like, and I am spending a lot of time making phonecalls trying to arrange my trip back. Well, most of that is waiting for people to get back to me with answers. This as I need special permission to fly and special arrangements too. The most absurd conversations were of course with insurance people. They came up with this brilliant line that 'it may be a medical risk to fly without those special arrangements, but that does not make it a medical neccesity, and therefor it is not covered'. And what was I thinking planning to stay out of the country over 45 days? Surely I understand that they could not treat that as a normal trip. On top of that, I dared venture out of Europe........... Of course, we did expect insurance people to weasle their way out of having to arrange or heaven forbid pay for it! At first I was tearing my hair out but as the list of strange rules to follow, lists to fill out, people to get permission from and linguistic misunderstandings grows, I can only laugh.
It is my ankle that is broken, not my brain, nor my hands so I just arrange it all myself. As most of all I just want to go home. I honestly feel there is not much I can do for the family here anymore. And even though this flat is just that: flat, and easier to get around in on crutches than all those stairs in my place. My place is bigger, the bathroom is bigger, ohhhhhh how I long to be able to get into a shower! Here is just too small for me. And home is even though I rarely live there just that: home! I'll have my own stuff around me, my mail of course, a huge stash of yarn and I can make all the phonecalls to family and friends without having to worry about the bad reception I have here or who will be listening in.
So get ready everyone in Amsterdam, I'll probably be home somewhere around next weekend!!!
Zoals jullie kunnen zien leef ik nog en heb ik ook nog reden om te lachen. Verder goed nieuws is dat ik echt niet veel pijn heb. Het duurt alleen langer om alles te doen, ik moet een hoop vragen waar deze Mw Onafhankelijk niet van houdt, en het kost een hoop tijd om telefoontjes te plegen om mijn terugreis te regelen. Of eigenlijk, het wachten op mensen die terugbellen met antwoorden. Dit omdat ik speciale toestemming en voorzieningen nodig heb om terug te kunnen vliegen. De meest absurde gesprekken waren natuurlijk met verzekeringsmensen. Die kwamen met de briljante zinsnede dat 'het is dan wel een medisch risico om te vliegen zonder speciale voorzieningen, maar daarmee nog geen medische noodzaak' en valt daarom niet onder de dekking. En waarom was ik trouwens van plan langer dan 45 dagen in het buitenland te blijven? Ik begreep toch zelf ook wel dat dat niet onder een normaal reisje valt?
En dan had ik mijzelf ook nog eens buiten Europa gewaagd......... Natuurlijk verwachte ik dat verzekeringsmensen (zijn t mensen?) zouden proberen onder hun betalingsplicht uit te komen. In eerste instantie was ik kwaad en gefrustreerd, maar hoe langer de lijst werd met rare regels die ik moest naleven, formulieren die moeten worden ingevuld, mensen om toestemming van te krijgen, taalmisverstanden, kan ik alleen nog maar lachen.
Het is mijn enkel die gebroken is, niet mijn hersenen, ook mijn handen niet dus regel ik het gewoon allemaal zelf wel. Ik wil gewoon naar huis. Ik kan hier echt niet veel meer doen voor de mensen hier. En ook al is dit een flat, en dus makkelijker om me te verplaatsen op krukken dan in mijn huis met al die trappen. Mijn huis is ruimer, ohhhhhh ik zou zo graag onder de douche willen! Hier is het gewoon te klein voor mij.
En ook al woon ik zelden thuis, het is toch gewoon lekker thuis! Daar heb ik mijn eigen spulletjes om me heen, mijn post natuurlijk, genoeg breiwol om maanden zoet mee te zijn en kan ik bellen met familie en vrienden zonder steeds de verbinding te verliezen vanwege de slechte dekking hier in huis of te bedenken wie er allemaal meeluisteren.
Dus wees er klaar voor Amsterdam, waarschijnlijk kom ik rondom het volgende weekend thuis!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment