Today truly is my very last day of working abroad for a while. And the past couple of days I have spent getting ready for that. Nope, it is not taking me days to pack my tiny little suitcase. So far I have talked to the agency back home to schedule days I will work, (including a few nightshifts of doing home births, very excited about doing those again), scheduled uniform fittings and a meeting with the lady who will be my team leader ánd already started to work on my list of questions for her! I found a local yoga class that I finally can sign up for to go to weekly and I have already signed up for some volunteer and social activities. Well, volunteer work is being social of course.
And even though I am not yet home, I have started to buy new things for it! First of all a much needed new refrigerator. Just before I left to go work abroad a few years ago my old fridge broke down. As I did not know how much I would be away etc, but still needed one, a friend gave me an old one. And it was ancient. And noisy. And probably used up a large amount of electricity too so it was a good thing I kept it unplugged unless I was home. But now that I plan to live at home again I really need a better one and I spent the past few days surfing the net and found a good deal and ordered it.
An other thing that has been irking me a bit about my house is my linen cupboard. I sorted through it a while back, and already got rid of some things in there that I just never use or I simply don’t like using anymore. There is still a whole pile of towels to sort through. I have many, and none of them are any longer nice. Most I inherited from my mother, who passed away 10 years or so ago. I decided to get a whole bunch of new ones, partially paid for with the huge amount of bonus points I accumulated on my savings account.
And I have many plans for things to do.
I guess you can tell, I am ready to go home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great to see that you are getting excited about going home and settling in for a bit. :)
after a long time away home really IS home sweet home! glad youre making plans and enjoying home after your time away!
Post a Comment