Thursday, 19 February 2009

FAQ

Now I am back home I get a lot of the same questions all the time.

Was your last job so bad that you were so exhausted?
No, actually it was a perfectly lovely baby with a perfectly lovely family and I really did not miss out on an awful lot of sleep there. It was more that I spent a lot of energy thinking (oh all right; worrying) about how to continue work wise now working abroad brings in so much less money.
Now that I have made that decision I am happy to be working in Amsterdam again and having a great time too! I have already booked myself for several holidays for elderly or disabled people as a volunteer nurse and as you all know I will be going to Texas again. Also I am keeping my eye on the exchange rate for the British Pound and hopefully also will be able to do the odd job abroad.

What is it that you really miss now you are not living in ‘these big houses’ anymore.
Actually, not all houses were ‘these big houses’ at all. But I confess: I miss not having a dishwasher. I used to totally not mind doing the dishes by hand, but now I really got out of the habit of doing them! How odd is that?

What is the best thing about being back home. Sleeping in your own bed?
No, had good beds wherever I was, very cosy bedding too.
The best thing is just being home. Being able to make arrangements with people to pop over and go hang out with them. Having all my knitting projects around me so I can pick up and work at a different thing every night if I want to. Doing my own grocery shopping and cooking. (Which I did in my last job in Denmark too and that was a big plus!)
It is just little things like that.

Do you have any funny stories that you want to share?
Yes, there are a few things that I can tell there. But you’ll have to wait.

I now have to get ready to go out learning to sing ‘smartlappen’ (tearjerker songs) Amsterdam style with a bunch of girls from work. Kinda like country, but different! Same sentiment though…………

No comments: