This has puzzled me for a long time. Why on earth is this statue so popular? It is 'the symbol' for Brussels, they even dress it up in the most appaling costumes.... I mean, I don't get it. Do you???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It seems I live in Amsterdam. Yet the past few years I have barely been there. Most my time was spent in many different places as far as Hong Kong and the US and as close as my neighbouring countries Belgium and Germany. I love all the travelling but I also love being home and growing some roots again. Being able to catch up with family, friends as well as working 'Dutch style' again. I am curious to see how trying to combine working both at home and away will work out.
2 comments:
Mum and dad went there and they went to see it, they were tol
d that the history of it is that during some great fire a little boy pee'd on the fire and put it out and saved the country!
There are several stories similar to that. An other real famous one is that he was a Duke's son and they lost him and they found him like that in the middle of a big battle. And now he is a sign of bravery??
Anyway, I just think Brussels has so much more to offer than this silly little fountain/statue.
Post a Comment