Saturday, 31 January 2009

Big news / Groot nieuws

For a while now I have been saying that I will be home more. Working there even. But, life keeps happening. First that phone call that made me make my way to Denmark. Then an earlier made commitment had me board a train to Brussels.
And now, when this 'probably my last stay abroad for a while' is almost over, I get news......
BIG NEWS! And most of all good news. Bobby has been granted a new hearing. I won't bore you all with all the details of his case, I may get around to typing all that up one day in somewhat understandable English to a lay person. But right now I still have not wrapped my head around the fact that it is all about the status of a case, rather than a human life, or that actual innocence is no ground for appeal.........
Anyway, the date for the hearing is set at March 6th, but his lawyer has filed to postpone this so he has more time to prepare so it may very well be in May or even June.
Being granted this appeal does not mean that he is off the hook now of course. But at the very least it buys us time, and most of all it gives us hope!
And you all understand that this means I will have to hop on a plane to Dallas now don't you???

Al een tijdje zeg ik dat ik meer thuis zal zijn. Zelfs weer 'gewoon' thuis werken. Maar er gebeurt van alles in mijn leven. Eerst dat telefoontje dat er voor zorgde dat ik naar Denemarken ging. En daarna een eerder aangegane verplichting waardoor ik de trein naar Brussel nam. En nu, nu dit 'waarschijnlijk mijn voorlopig laatste verblijf in het buitenland' er bijna op zit krijg ik nieuws....
GROOT NIEUWS! En bovenal, goed nieuws. Bobby krijgt een nieuwe hoorzitting. Ik zal jullie niet vervelen met alle details van zijn zaak, misschien typ ik dat ooit een keer allemaal uit in voor leken begrijpbaar Nederlands. Tot nu toe is het mij zelf nog niet gelukt te begrijpen dat het slechts gaat om de status van zijn zaak, en niet om een mensenleven. Of dat daadwerkelijke onschuld geen grond is voor beroep......
Maar goed, de hoorzitting staat op de rol voor 6 maart, maar zijn advocaat heeft uitstel aangevraagd zodat hij meer voorbereidings tijd heeft dus het kan heel goed mei of juni worden.
Deze nieuwe hoorzitting betekent nog niet dat alles nu wel goed komt natuurlijk. Maar op zijn minst geeft het ons extra tijd, en bovenal geeft het ons hoop!
En jullie snappen natuurlijk wel dat dit alles betekent dat ik dan naar Dallas vlieg binnenkort.

2 comments:

ukok said...

This is Big News indeed, Moni!

I will remember Bobby in my prayers.

God Bless!

Everydaythings said...

oh Moni that is fantastic news and I shall be praying for a good outcome for him, hope justice prevails!