This morning I was going through my collection of photos, and noticed once again how many photos of doorways I have.
This afternoon I was doing a home birth, when I received a text message from a friend; 'is it okay to call you now?'. I told her I was busy, and she answered to get with her when I was done.
A beautiful little girl entered this world, and after all were fed, cleaned and settled I went on my way home.
Sitting in the tram, I noticed a lot of beautiful doorways. I must come back here and take photos of these, I said to myself. And I kept contemplating doorways, watching this baby entering this life, rites of passage, cycles, all the things I find so fascinating about life.
Getting out of the tram, I rang my friend back. She asked me how I was doing and I gave her a brief update but than asked her what was up. Her voice sounded flat. 'I have bad news', she said, 'did you hear about that accident, a car being squashed by a train last Thursday?' No, I had not heard, I don't really keep in touch with the news like that. 'I just learned it was Liesbeth and her dad in that car' she said. 'They are both gone'. I was shocked.....
We shared our shock, isn't life crazy, I just did a birth, my friend just gave birth, and now a third friend passed over.....
Trust Liesbeth to go on Ascension day, with a lot of media coverage and even a little mystery, as it took a little while before they knew how many and whom the victims were due to the severity of this crash.
A beautiful woman has left this world; float freely you wonderful soul!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, my, Moni - thinking of you.
Oh moni....sad- thinking of you. awful news.
Praying for Liesbeth and her dad, may they rest in peace. Amen.
Thanks be to God that there is more to our existance than the here and the now, and please God, let us understand some day, as we are unable to understand now, the mystery of life.
Hi Moni,
Thanks for your comment in my blog. It was a shocker for me. Just the day before I know this tragedy, I was talking about her to my girlfriend. About her attitude that always encourage me to do my best instead of beating me down.
by the way, do you know where i can see her for the last time? or when can i see her in the graveyard? i know there will be some memorial in Arnhem on Wednesday, but the problem it is in arnhem and i dont have enough money to go there. Ms Perdeck really know about it. Once she offers me a book to borrow, instead of buying it. What a nice teacher. :(
I know if i am talking too much. sorry to disturb you.
Post a Comment