Sunday, 12 October 2008

The Living Christ / De Levende Christus


Last Sunday I went to Mass in Livingston, TX. I loved the cross there, a cross with a living Christ. I often wonder why so often we see the crucified, dying Christ as for me the fact that he lived and lives on is much more important.

Afgelopeon zondag ging ik naar de mis in Livingston, TX. Het kruis wat daar hangt vind ik schitterend, een kruis met een levende Christus. Al heel wat keren heb ik mij afgevraagd waarom wij zo vaak een gekruisigde, stervende Christus zien terwijl voor mij zijn leven en voortleven veel belangrijker is.

2 comments:

RoseAnn said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like that! It's beautiful.

Everydaythings said...

I've never seen like this before too - it really touched me... yes, why dont we see more of these... it somehow says more than the crucified christ. Loved it and thanks for posting it in for us here!