Monday, 28 April 2008

A quick laugh / even lachen

Earlier today this new job in Denmark came up. And as I am leaving tomorrow already, a lot had to be arranged in a very short time. I had quickly called a few people to tell them I would be off again and had promised to send them the contact details of my wherebouts and all that later.
So a little while back I started to write the email with all that info. And only than did I realise that I do not know anything else but the babies mother's first name, her phone number and the town the family lives in. And that is it!
Oh I know why she needs someone like me and we chatted about a few other things, but I completely forgot to ask her all contact info. And I do not know the names of the babies either!
This is so me! I booked plane tickets, figured out how to get to their local trainstation, am half packed to go live with a family I don't even know their last name and exactly where they live. Too funny!!

Eerder vandaag hoorde ik dus ineens van deze nieuwe klus. En omdat ik morgen al vertrek moest ik veel regelen in korte tijd. Ik had snel een paar mensen gebeld om te vertellen dat ik weer weg zou gaan en had beloofd om alle contact en verblijfsinformatie enzo later toe te sturen.
Dus begon ik net een email te schrijven met al die informatie. En pas toen realiseerde ik mij dat ik niets anders wist dan de voornaam van de moeder, haar telefoonnummer en het plaatsje waar het gezin woont. En verder niets!
Oh ik weet wel waarom zij iemand als ik nodig heeft, en we hebben over nog wat andere dingen gekletst, maar ik ben glad vergeten haar het adres te vragen. En de namen van de babies weet ik ook al niet!
Dat is typisch ik! Ik heb vliegtickets geboekt, uitgevogeld hoe ik naar t plaatselijke station kom, ben al half gepakt om bij een gezin te gaan wonen waarvan ik dus niet weet waar zij wonen en hoe ze heten. Lachen!!!

No comments: