Monday, 21 April 2008

Diamonds and gold

It has been well over 10 years ago I saw this big rock amethyst, and where there were a lot of people admiring it, saying what good vibes they were getting from it... all I felt was agression. It took a while for me to make sense out of feeling this. But as Marian Green, my spiritual teacher at that time, pointed out to me, these gems are usuallly blasted out of the earth with dynamite. No wonder I did not pick up anything wonderful or healing from that rock.
Now diamonds and gold have never enticed me to begin with. And Nina will surely get embarrased when I share this with you all, so I'll start with saying she was really small when she said all this okay?? But when she was that small, she loved going through my jewelry box and than she would always say: "Mummy, later, when you are dead, all this will be mine won't it......" Her eyes as shiny as the glittery stuff kept in my box. She obviously loved what I had a lot more than I did. So when Nina turned 18, I gave her my jewelry. All of it.
I am happy to not wear any gold or rocks. Those are treasures that belong to the earth in my view. Wars are fought over diamonds. Rivers are poisoned for the mining of gold. The miners are put at great risk, and too often underpaid. And all that for what.... so I can wear something that will make me look better? That will make me feel more important? To be honest, whenever I see expensive jewelry the only thing I can think is 'that equals two tickets to Singapore or anywhereelseIwouldlovetovisit'.
So this is why a while back now I decided not to get anymore gemstones or precious metals.
I do have some nice pieces of jewelry though, all wood. There is this stunning juniper wood ring with a knot that I just love. And the recent gift of an Hawaian koa wood ring is gorgeous and so thoughtful too. And for my last birthday I received a birch wood dove pendant. Simply stunning. I love the warmth of wood. I love how it is all handmade with so much love and care. And I love how it looks on me. And so must others as I get many compliments.


Okay, now let me nip this in the bud before rumours start...... no, I am not engaged!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you about the rocks... I also dont wear or like jewelry very much and dont buy it or get a thrill when I see gold in the shop...a lot of people think that is weird to be like that... anyway,BTW the photo does not show..shame I wanted to see it...I'll pop in later to see if it uploads. Engaged???? now where did this rumour start????Krissie

Moni said...

Several people told me the photo does not load so I re-did it as I am not sure what is wrong. Could see it on my laptop.
If it still does not load, and you just see the red X, try clicking on that to see if the picture shows up than.
Krissie, good to read I am not the only weird one....

Anonymous said...

hey beautiful rings..look like amber!!! krissie glad they loaded up this time!