........ is not only not so yellow........ it is also covered in rain drops! The weather has been plain awfull here. A lot of rain and thunderstorms and the first night I was here we were already under tornado watch. I am in a very beautiful but very rural area here, and I stay in a trailer. More or less right after I arrived there and was busy unpacking things got noisy and shaky. My landlady lives in a trailer right behind 'mine'. She rang me and said 'oh, we are under tornado watch, you know what to do right?' Well, no Ma'am I don't. We don't get many tornados in Amsterdam. So she told me to get a pile of towels, cover the glass doors and go hide in the small bathroom as there I would be covered by 4 walls..... hmmmmm I got everything ready but I must admit, I continued with the unpacking of my suitcase rather than sit in that tiny bathroom for a few hours. I was too tired to be really scared, and pretty soon the weather was calm again. The next morning I learned that they did loose power just down the road. And they are still expecting a lot of rocky weather for the next few days. I'll keep ya'll posted!
Friday, 27 March 2009
My yellow rose of Texas.................
........ is not only not so yellow........ it is also covered in rain drops! The weather has been plain awfull here. A lot of rain and thunderstorms and the first night I was here we were already under tornado watch. I am in a very beautiful but very rural area here, and I stay in a trailer. More or less right after I arrived there and was busy unpacking things got noisy and shaky. My landlady lives in a trailer right behind 'mine'. She rang me and said 'oh, we are under tornado watch, you know what to do right?' Well, no Ma'am I don't. We don't get many tornados in Amsterdam. So she told me to get a pile of towels, cover the glass doors and go hide in the small bathroom as there I would be covered by 4 walls..... hmmmmm I got everything ready but I must admit, I continued with the unpacking of my suitcase rather than sit in that tiny bathroom for a few hours. I was too tired to be really scared, and pretty soon the weather was calm again. The next morning I learned that they did loose power just down the road. And they are still expecting a lot of rocky weather for the next few days. I'll keep ya'll posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
keep u s posted there Moni! Good luck with the hearing... thats why youre there right?
No, the hearing is in June, but there are a few little things I could still do here anyway.
Apart from that I really needed a little holiday and was looking forward to letting my skin soak up some sun after the long, cold winter we had. And I still had a ticket to Houston 'in the bin'.
Never did I realise I could be sitting here with the heater on!
Post a Comment